Sunday, July 19, 2015

Flow and force

Since having substantial amount of my thesis at hand, allowing myself to do some things in which I really feel the "flow state" makes me more fascinated about life. It feels like I can basically stretch myself into any direction I like. But on the other hand, it causes doubt about the current path I have chose. It goes like this: The choice of economics as my major has been strongly influenced by external values, expectation of others and my own willingness to have decent job and fulfilling career. But at some point it all seemed absurd, that I would go on living by doing things I didn't much enjoy... 

Now, I came to think that even an artist can have some complaints about what they do. Some amazing artists can complain about their lack of imagination, people's opinion of their works or about their low amount of earning. Then all of the reasons for these complaints will just boil down to their perspective. If one can be positive about their imperfections, she will have the strength to move forward. If not, she might give up on the way. 
Flow
I chose this profession because I AM interested in it. I might have been glad to be architect or designer. But nothing should be interesting all the time, shouldn't it? Nothing is easy all the time. No one is happy all the time. Nothing good can be done without slightest bit of discomfort, doubt and worries. 

So, I wanted to keep this thought noted: One should not be limited by their career occupation. She can do whatever she wants if she really wants it. That said, even if I choose one major to continue further, it should not limit the space of actions that I can take in the future.

Anuudari Burenbat,
2015.7.19,
Tilburg University Library

No comments:

Post a Comment